Thursday, August 31, 2006


So many new things have happened, and I really havent kept up with this journal...AGAIN...Things have been going amazingly well. I am going to seperate this entry in kids so that I make sure to post what their up to..lol

Tyler:

Is loving reading comics...he is so into them right now. Which has also turned into him drawing this really cool characters. He has also started his own online blog AND talking on msn with friends. Its neat to see him turning into his own little guy. He always has been his own little guy but now other people get to see it to.

Ashleigh:

Is learning to read. She has decided to get really serious about this, and has taken to learning a little each day about the sounds of letters. She is copying books, and taken alot more interest in not only what their about but how and why the letters got there.

Heather:

Her birthday was yesterday, she is now 4....ACK...we got her a bike, a two wheeler, so she has been spending ALL of er time learning how to do that...still with training wheels, but I am guessing she will even want those off soon.

Oliver:

almost 6 months old! Can I believe that? NO...he is rolling, gabbing, playing, eating and just being Ollie...he is a really amazing guy..


We have come a long way on our journey of unschooling. When we first started this path...we knew we didnt agree with "school at home" but we also were not relaxed enough to just have faith in our kids. Our big hurdle, that I am proud to say were over, was trusting them to know. Not jsut about education , but also when they were tried, hungry, sad, mad....whatever. I can really say that I trust my kids now, and thats a good feeling.
So many people said it was a matter of time...they were right.
We have been watching this cool thing on www.youtube.com checkit out
very cool.
anyway We are trying to sell our house, so off I go to tidy in case people want to come today.
Till next time..
The Walkers

No comments: