Friday, January 05, 2007

Wow
what a day yesterday. It was a pretty great day. The kids spent most of the day outside. Its incredible to me how amazing the weather is..its suppose to go up to plus 10 today!!! Its January y! In CANADA!! We are for sure going for a walk today. I think were going to walk down to the strip mall and get mama's hair trimmed. That sounds like a good plan to me. So yesterday. The children played outside with the neighbourhood kids, all sorts of games were on the go. I went out to check on them quite a few times and each time they were playing something different. Its wonderful to see so many different kids of different ages , playing together with no prejudices. My husband and I were having a discussion over the weekend about how because our kids are homeschooled they dont face the same judgements as other kids in school. Meaning that our daughter who is 6, plays with a 9 yo. That 9yp wont play with an other 6 yo because shes only in grade one, but because Ashleigh doesnt go to school she can play with her..lol..amazing dynamic really. The kids also spent some time watching TV. We watched a show together on the water cycle, so all day today ashleigh has been repeating it over and over..lol...making up new songs with new tunes about how the water cycle works..pretty cool. The girls helped me make dinner, while Ty offered to clean the front room for me, so that we could watch a show together. I thought was really darn nice of him...lol...Since we lifted mandatory chores, its been amazing. Now I just ask for help if I need it, or he offeres. No fighting and no bullies living here thank you very much! The kids went and spent some time playing in the neighbours house. Tyler also spent some time reading his gaming book trying to figure out some new spy moves for his game. He came down to the living room and was reading me some of the parts of this book. When he learnt these big words and what they mean I have no idea..lol...but he read through them no problem and by the time he was ready for bed he had perfected the moves. He us awesome. He also announced yesterday that he wants to design video games...sounds like an awesome thing to do to me. Heather spent alot of the day counting. She was counting everything. She even helped me count potatoes and plates fro dinner. She also helped make the eggs to go with our dinner tonight, she loves helping out in the kitchen. THe kids help me with dinner in some way almost everynight. It takes a little bit longer to finish , but its totally worth it. I would rather eat at midnight and have my kids beside me , then eat at 5 and people stressed out.
Anyway , I am gonna go get my day started, the kids havent risen from their nests yet.
oh, and oliver has completely rejected the breast. I am not happ about this at all. I guess though that it is him making that choice and its not up to me. I have self weaned with all of my children, but all of them have waited till at lest 14 months. Oliver is only 10 months old . I am not DONE nursing!! *stamps feet* He is so different then all my other children. He didnt like co-sleeping either, where as ym youngest daughter still sleeps with us..not every night mind you, but she still does wander into bed with us. Oliver would never sleep in our bed, but when we moved him to his own bed he started sleeping through the night! amazing really.
anyway, till later, or tomorrow.
The Walkers

No comments: